NOW THAT'S A LOT OF MOVIES:
At this point in time if you have a television set or a computer or just go out in public to talk to people, you know about comic book based movies. 15 years ago if I were to talk about the movie, “Generation X” that was done in 1996 or maybe the one with David Hasselholf that was done 2 years later in 1998 called, “Nick Fury: Agent of Shield”, would you know about it? I can speak from experience that the majority of people that I had talked to about those movies 15 years ago who wasn't already at the comic book shop had no clue about them and more than likely most people still don't know about them, they are horrible and was done for TV when things like that wasn't the in thing.
All that has changed, dramatically, so much so that people that I would say would never, ever, ever, never, would know about comic characters or say that they like them, are saying exactly that. That's because of the movies and we all know that. I accept that, I like that in a way because that has spiked the urge for people to want comics which in turn helps keep them going which means I keep getting to read them. It also means I have to deal with higher prices and harder to find back issues that I might want because now all of a sudden people are selling them when they didn't before because of the upcoming movie so they sell them for higher prices.
At any rate, that's not what this blog is about, it's about a whose who list of what you need to know about the upcoming 24 comic based movies that will be coming out between 2015-2019. That is a whole lot of comic movies with a whole lot of characters and these are only the big name popular movies that's been announced. I'm sure between now and the next 5 years there will be other lesser known about movies based off comics but since those are not the ones that's been announced and not the ones the general public know about, I will stick with these core 24.
However, I won't talk about all of them in detail because they might already be known, such as Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and such are characters the general public knows about. But there are a few that might not be known about like Black Panther, Shazam, Inhumans, and Suicide Squad are just a few of the movies that just might not have a lot known about them and with that here is a little list of helpful tips on some of those lesser known of the movies.
By the way, this could be info that you might not know about the movie plots so you might want to be ready for SPOILERS.
1) Ant-Man: Not going to be Hank Pym but he will be in it only as an older man who is now the mentor to Scott Lang. Once a thief, possibly still is, Scott Lang is supposed to keep the Ant-Man tech safe but it's a movie so of course he won't and that will bring in the Yellowjacket. A villain will have tech that's stolen from the Ant-Man tech but better. In this movie there will also be Hank Pym's daughter, Hope Van Dyne played by Evangeline Lilly. She already has the haircut as Wasp so will she be the Wasp in the movie? Maybe, most likely I'm thinking since she is the daughter to Hank, she will be around Scott, they will hit it off, he becomes Ant-Man and she the Wasp, and together will have to fight Yellowjacket.
2) Black Panther: This is T'Challa the King of Wakanda and is one of the 8 smartest people on the planet. I won't go through all 8 but some others that are notable on the list are Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Bruce Banner, and Hank Pym, with the order of these being 1. Reed Richards, 2. Hank Pym, 3. Bruce Banner, 5. Tony Stark, and 6. T'Challa. Like with most comics, the order usually changes some as who is smarter than who depending on the writer. I've seen it said that T'Challa is way smarter than Tony Stark and on the levels of Reed Richards but the order don't matter much I just wanted to point out that T'Challa is extremely smart. One point to make with him is that his land has the only existence of vibranium (that metal that's used in Captain America's shield and later made into adamantium (vibranium not the shield)). T'Challa is not only super genius but he's also on the levels and possibly more skilled as Captain America. He has the super human stregnth levels and fighting skills along with his genius. The Black Panther is one of the more deadly humans that are on the planet that can fight on the field as well as with his mind, this movie should be good.
The character will be introduced in the third Captain America movie, Civil War and will be played by the actor Chadwick Boseman. I'm not sure what his role will be in the Captain America movie, more likely he will do what he did in the comic version where he tries to bring the two sides together as well as serving as a introduction to the movie fans so they know who he is when his movie comes out in 2017.
3) Suicide Squad: This is a DC Comics team that I was surprised and yet happy to see getting made. Here's the reason why I was surprised, this team is not really a good team or are heroes. The Suicide Squad is composed of villains, that's right villains, people that have committed crimes and murder, on multiple occasions, and have no areas of gray when it comes to their villainous ways. They are brought together to go out on missions that heroes can't do, which usually means killing and more than likely will be a sucide mission for themselves, hence the name of the team being Suicide Squad. Now the reason why I'm happy to see this movie being made, Harley Quinn will be in it. If you know me or read my blogs you know how much I love this character so I can't wait to see her being performed in a live action movie. Here are the only characters to be listed for the movie so far, and these aren't set in stone, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Lex Luthor. For the actors playing them, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and Jai Courtney as Deadshot. Will Smith and Jessie Eisenberg are rumored to be in this movie as well, Jessie as Lex Luthor and I'm thinking Will Smith will play Black Spider, aka Eric Needham, a ninja that was once a hero but did some unlawful things that landed him in Blackgate and then on the team.
4) Doctor Strange: Stephen Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme in the Marvel Universe. He's the guy that if you want anything magical you go to him. Actually, he covers more than just magic, he does spiritual as well as magic, so the movie might have some religious themes in it. It's rumored that Benedict Cumberbatch will play Stephen Strange, for now it's just a rumor.
5) Inhumans: This is not just one person, as the plural part in the name indicates, they are many. Brief history, way back when the Earth was young and had primitive race of humans on it, there was a war going on in space. Earth sat in a key location for these fighting worlds, so one came to Earth to do experiments on the humans using a mutagenic Terrigen Mist that turned some of the humans into people with powers. Not quite mutants but also similar because the people already had to have the genes for the mist to activate. Over the many millions of years the Inhumans have been around and they are very powerful, the king of them, Black Bolt, has the power that when he speaks, even at a slight whisper, his voice will level cities. Right now the television show, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., might be using the Inhumans as their theme of powered people, which would be genius cause they could have anyone they wanted have powers as well as being the lead in to the movie and that would mean more viewers. So watch.
6) Shazam: Alright, some of you might already know about this one, he's been around for a very long time, but he's just not as popular as he was back in the 50's. Shazam is a kid really, Billy Baston, who was granted magical powers by a wizard and when he says the word “Shazam” he becomes Shazam. He's actually one of the few people that can go toe to toe with Superman and win. Why? Because his power is magic based and that's a weakness for Superman.
7) Captain Marvel: This is one I'm looking forward to and I'd bet a lot of others as well because Mrs. Marvel aka Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers, is a character that is highly liked. She has many powers, energy absorption and projection, super strength, and flight. Not only that but she is a military pilot, she's smart, and a good fighter that's been trained by the military so knows how to hold her own. This should be an exciting movie and I'm sure she will end up being a part of the second part of Avengers Infinity War movie and possibly gets some cameos in early movies leading up to her own.
There you go, a nice list of what you need to know for basic facts of the coming 24 movies.